So I did this with summer as well because I really feel like writing out my goals for the season helped me actually accomplish them. It also really got me thinking about the things I love to do that are very seasonal and I starting thinking about the things I have always wanted to do. This outfit is one I wore while we were in Maine and it is definitely a favorite. I feel like it also exemplifies fall with the plaid, quilted vests and brown riding boots. I also feel like this place we stayed on Beech Hill Pond in Maine was perfect for lots of the activities on this list. There was a fire pit, canoeing, cozy furniture and outdoor seating.
- Apple picking: Visiting all the apple orchards is definitely what I am most excited for this fall. I love it! It is so fun and the apples are always delicious. The whole week after I visit an orchard I bake so many pies. Many orchards also have some pretty incredible cider and apple butters.
- Bake a lot! This definitely goes along with the whole apple orchard thing but I love to bake and fall is the perfect time considering lots of my favorites like apples and pumpkins are in peak season. Pies, breads, coffee cakes, crumbles etc…
- Corn maze: I will probably do this one later in October but I love them. Its mostly about the apple cider, fresh donuts and fun times with friends. Last year a group of us went out to a corn maze at night and has such a fun time wandering around and scaring other friends. Its also an activity for any age!
- Fall camping: I realized that it has been at least three years since I went camping in the fall. It is actually one of the best times to go because the weather is perfect (not too hot) and the weather is not usually very harsh. Hiking in the Appalachians would be great or maybe canoeing on a lake up north!
- Watch lots of Halloween movies: This year during the month of October I want to try to watch as many Halloween movies as possible. I realized that last year I didn’t get to watch more than one or two and Halloween is one of my favorite holidays. I am making it a goal this year to actually watch lots of festive movies, both old favorites and ones I have never seen before.
- Visit a pumpkin patch: For lots of people this goes with going to a corn maze because often farms will do both and it is a great way to make a whole day fun and exciting. Because I have been in college for the past four years I haven’t really had the chance to carve pumpkins. As a kid it was one of my favorite things so hopefully this year I will have the time and place for it.
- Make lots of hot drinks: Yes hot chocolate and whipped cream is my favorite part of cool weather. I love it and I am very excited for another amazing season of delicious hot drinks. My personal goal for this year is to make some fresh hot apple cider with apples with pick from one of the orchards.
- S’mores by a roaring fire: I feel like bonfires are often a summer thing but fall is definitely the ideal fire weather. I can’t wait to cozy up under some blankets by a fire and roast marshmallows while sipping on some hot coco.
As always this list is by no means comprehensive as there are so many fun fall activities. Watching the leaves change, fall off of the trees and then raking them into giant piles to jump in is also a fall highlight!