Because I am such a big fall person and I love Halloween I wanted to do a post just for TV shows I watch around this time of year. I am going to start with 5 that are more general but great to watch now.
1. Stranger Things: You have probably been living under a rock if you have not heard of this one but I have to include it since it is one of my favorite shows ever it is a perfect one for Halloween. I would not even know where to begin with explaining this one. Basically it is about some kids in rural Indiana and their encounters with the supernatural. It sounds a little odd if you haven’t heard of it but I highly recommend trying it out even if you are not into anything supernatural.
2. Dark: We finished this show a couple of weeks ago and I so wish the next season was already here. This one has to do with a seemingly normal group of people and there interactions with time. That is all I will say because I really don’t want to give anything away (plus I am not sure how to explain any more than that without giving too much away). I will give a heads up that this is a German show dubbed in English so it takes a little getting used to.
3. Broadchurch: This is an incredible show about English detectives solving a complicated crime. It is a little dark but I really liked it and am not usually into things that are too dark or scary.
4. Sherlock: The classic murder mystery show. It truly lives up and is overall amazing. The cast is incredible and the story line intriguing. Since I love reading so much I do have to mention that Sir Arthur Conan Doyle as some great stories that are definitely worth a read.
5. Twin Peaks: Another intriguing mystery drama. I have not fully finished this one but it has some great fall/Halloween vibes. It is quite strange, takes place is a small town and has some interesting characters.
The second 5 are shows that truly are perfect for Halloween (mostly involve witches):
6. Sabrina the Teenage Witch: It is a very cheesy show but I think it is entertaining and fun. I will say that I have not watched all episodes but am working through it from the beginning now. There is something so compelling about a teenage witch and her struggle as both a high schooler and a new witch.
7. The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina: This is a take on Sabrina the Teenage Witch that is much darker but still fun. It is much more progressive as well since it is new. This is my favorite of the Halloween shows right now.
8. Buffy the Vampire Slayer: This is the only non-witch show although it is definitely a classic show that brings all the Halloween vibes. I also have not watched all of this one but always enjoy when I do watch an episode here and there.
9. Bewitched: This is a much older show about a witch who is a housewife. I definitely have mixed feelings to say the least buy I wanted to include it since it is a classic show about a witch. It paved the way for lots of others!
10. Charmed: I used to love watching this show, especially around Halloween. It is about three sisters and their adventures as witches in a modern world (modern as in early 2000’s). I have not watched the recent CW remake of this show so I can’t say much about it but I will probably end up trying it in the next few weeks.
Let me know what you are watching this October.