This is super delayed but I still wanted to get my capsule wardrobe post up from April. It was probably my favorite so far! I chose blue as my staple color and tried to use yellow as a background and for accessories because I am loving how bright and happy it makes me feel.
Denim dress: A classic denim dress or skirt is a great wardrobe staple for casual days. I really liked adding this into my challenge because it was so comfortable and looks fantastic. J. Crew has a great simple option and I also love this Madewell denim shirtdress.
Striped dress: This was the first time I included two dresses in one capsule wardrobe. I don’t usually do it because it can be a little harder to made multiple outfits out of two dresses. I chose these to very intentionally so one would fit under the other and still be comfortable. This is a fantastic, affordable blue and white striped dress from J. Crew Factory.
White t-shirt: You can really never go wrong with a white t-shirt. I highly recommend having several in your wardrobe. They are so easy to style, very comfortable and incredibly versatile. There are lots of options out there, so I will only link a few but I highly recommend doing your on research to find those of quality, that aren’t too see-through and that are your style. I like this Madewell one and this J. Crew shirt. Also this one is also has a fun little twist in the back. Reformation also has multiple options that take the classic white tee in a different direction.
Blue button down: A button down continues to be essential to the capsule wardrobe challenge. It is just so versatile and easy to manipulate in different ways. L.L. Bean always has great quality button down shirts also Reformation has some more summery styles.
White sneakers: Like the white t-shirt, white sneakers are a wardrobe staple that can be dressed up or down depending on the day. I have Converse but am highly considering the classic Stan Smiths. Vans (slip ons) and Keds have some great options as well. I actually wore my sisters Keds for this challenge.
Thanks for stopping by!
Happy July 4th!
It is time for barbecuing, fireworks and fun with friends. So as is fairly common in most places, the fireworks in our area were on Saturday night so we will be driving to a nearby town to picnic with some friends and watch the fireworks there. It should be a blast, I always love watching fireworks and am super psyched to see these friends.
Summer is definitely in full swing now and there is a lot to look forward to. June was an especially fun month with lots travel and time with my family. July will be mostly work with a few weekend adventures and time to just chill out. August will bring more travel which I am very excited for! It definitely has been a great post-college summer so far.
This such an amazing shirt from J. Crew. It is so comfy, the perfect weight and I love the blue stripes. I also picked up this scarf from a really great thrift store in town, Designer Consignor, and it looks great with this hat.
Shirt J. Crew, Hat Tilly’s, Shorts similar, Espadrilles Target
Happy Memorial Day! It is definitely the holiday that marks the beginning of summer. It is a tradition in Boulder to go to the big Creek Festival during memorial day weekend and run the 10k through our city. This year I am not running due to an injury but I definitely will be hanging out with friends at the festival. For some reason this weekend has always marked the beginning of summer, probably because school has just ended and warm weather has finally set in. Barbecue season has begun and the reds, whites and blues are in true high style.
Blouse American Eagle (on sale!), jeans Just Black, shoes Target
Here is my list of things to do this summer:
- Hit the beach: Yes I feel like I somewhat already accomplished this in the Bahamas but I do love going to the beach so much and I am hoping to go once more before the summer is over.
- Road trip: For some reason this has become a summer staple for me! Last year Aiden and I drove around Colorado, exploring my favorite places and parks and this year we are doing a girls trip to New Mexico to enjoy some pool side sun bathing and gorgeous views. There are an endless number of road trips all over the US and they are so great because you can truly tailor your trip to what you really want to be doing.
- See friends and family: Although I will be working for part of the summer, this is the first chunk of time I have had at home for several years and I am super excited to catch up with old friends and see family.
- Go sailing: Although Colorado is not the most nautical place I grew up sailing on the east coast and have a love for it even though I am very landlocked. This year the best chance I have will be on the Boulder Reservoir in a sunfish but that will have to suffice. We also have ample opportunity for paddle boarding and swimming.
- Hike a mountain: Getting outside always makes me feel better about myself. It is just incredibly freeing, no matter how high the mountain or how low the valley. It is also a great activity to do with friends because it gives so much time to really talk without the distractions of the outside world.
I am sure there are many more but these are my top goals for the summer! I am very excited for all this time in the sunshine after a grey Indiana winter.
For spring break we finally headed south for some warm weather! I have never actually been to Florida and it is incredibly pretty. Canaveral National Seashore was definitely a highlight, with hours of beach combing, laying in the sun and jumping waves.
Blue and white stripes are a go to this season so I couldn’t help but pick up this top from American Eagle. Also the American Eagle sandals are so comfortable, I was super surprised.
Top American Eagle, sunglasses Anthropologie, shorts J. Crew, shoes American Eagle