I hope this week is off to a good start. It has been a little slow for me so far but the rest of the week is very busy so I am excited to get going. This is one of my favorite date night/ night on the town outfits for winter. I found this jacket at a thrift shop for such a good deal and I couldn’t resist. It is so warm and comfy and I love the vintage-movie star look. I was super into thrifting and finding great deals while I was home because there are some really great pieces out there that would be so above my price range at full price. I also really love these heels, which I wore on New Year’s Eve and have been searching for places to wear them. The color is my favorite and I really like the style with two little buckles.
Aiden and I went on a fun little date up to the local bakery and I decided to take some pictures for this outfit. As a side not that bakery is amazing if you are in Boulder (Lucky’s Bakehouse).
Jacket vintage (similar), Watch Cluse, Bag Zara, Jeans similar, Blouse DIY St. James (replaced buttons for pearl ones), Heels Lord & Taylor
Happy Memorial Day! It is definitely the holiday that marks the beginning of summer. It is a tradition in Boulder to go to the big Creek Festival during memorial day weekend and run the 10k through our city. This year I am not running due to an injury but I definitely will be hanging out with friends at the festival. For some reason this weekend has always marked the beginning of summer, probably because school has just ended and warm weather has finally set in. Barbecue season has begun and the reds, whites and blues are in true high style.
Blouse American Eagle (on sale!), jeans Just Black, shoes Target
Here is my list of things to do this summer:
- Hit the beach: Yes I feel like I somewhat already accomplished this in the Bahamas but I do love going to the beach so much and I am hoping to go once more before the summer is over.
- Road trip: For some reason this has become a summer staple for me! Last year Aiden and I drove around Colorado, exploring my favorite places and parks and this year we are doing a girls trip to New Mexico to enjoy some pool side sun bathing and gorgeous views. There are an endless number of road trips all over the US and they are so great because you can truly tailor your trip to what you really want to be doing.
- See friends and family: Although I will be working for part of the summer, this is the first chunk of time I have had at home for several years and I am super excited to catch up with old friends and see family.
- Go sailing: Although Colorado is not the most nautical place I grew up sailing on the east coast and have a love for it even though I am very landlocked. This year the best chance I have will be on the Boulder Reservoir in a sunfish but that will have to suffice. We also have ample opportunity for paddle boarding and swimming.
- Hike a mountain: Getting outside always makes me feel better about myself. It is just incredibly freeing, no matter how high the mountain or how low the valley. It is also a great activity to do with friends because it gives so much time to really talk without the distractions of the outside world.
I am sure there are many more but these are my top goals for the summer! I am very excited for all this time in the sunshine after a grey Indiana winter.