I decided not to do gift guides this year because there are so many out there and gifts can be really personal (this year lots of mine are specific to the person). I might do them in the future but for now I decided to make a holiday wish list. This can still give others an idea of what to ask for and what to give. Mine is definitely general and I am not expecting to get everything (or even anything) but these are some things I have been wanting for a while.
- Align leggings: I don’t need to say much about these but I love Lululemon leggings and I wear leggings almost every day so I am really wanting to try the align tight. This photo is of Zella leggings which are amazing too!
- Superga sneakers: These have been in my Nordstrom cart several times but I have just yet to pull the trigger. I know I would wear them a ton and have been on the lookout for some good, comfortable sneakers for a while.
- Kitchen Aid mixer: I did not actually ask for a kitchen aid this year but it is on my long term wish list so I wanted to include it.
- Cozy hoodie: There are a couple of hoodies that I have had my eye on and this Eberjey one looks especially comfy!
- 2019 planner: I didn’t specify exactly which one but I definitely like to have a paper planner to organize my days. It helps especially with the longer term things.
- Smoothie blender: An easy way to make healthy breakfasts is becoming necessary for grad school!
I have been a bit MIA with family and friends in town but I wanted to put up a couple of posts this week to keep the ball rolling and bring in the holiday spirit. I tried to theme this week’s Around the Web post as a holiday one. I am super excited about all these things!
Disney’s Nutcracker: This has to be the number one trailer of the week. I cannot believe they are coming out with a Nutcracker. I like that there is a different sort of plot to differentiate this movie from the traditional ballet. It keeps the ballet special and unique.
Christmas Reading List: Of course I have to include some sort of book related item in this list. I absolutely love Christmas books but almost all of them are kids books. I love Jan Brett books so much that I read them around this time of year to this day. I have struggled however in finding some good Christmas novels to read that are not to cheesy. I really liked this book list and am definitely going to be getting at least one from the library.
Holiday Cheer Ideas: This list of 12 ways to spread holiday cheer is a great way to change it up and get out of your normal holiday routine. For me, at least, these were all ideas to open up and spread some of the love to strangers or people you didn’t plan on seeing. I really like this list and all the ideas it gave me.
Sugar Paper Wrapping Paper: This beautiful gold and white wrapping paper is my staple for this holiday season. I also got the polka dots and I am wrapping all my gifts in it with some tomato red bows and ribbons. I just love how simple yet festive it is.
Last Minute Gifts: Career girl daily also has a last minute gift guide up that is helpful for anyone you might have temporarily spaced on. They are definitely pretty specific gifts but I found at least one that would be great for a co-worker/girlfriend/female family member.
The Last Jedi: We went to see the newest Star Wars movie yesterday with the entire family. It was just great to get out with the whole family and see something that familiar. I did like the movie, especially the current characters.
Ocean’s 8 Cast: Okay this is totally not holiday related and in general I am not a huge fan of these movies, but this cast is amazing. It just speaks for itself. I am not sure how I feel about the plot and who knows what reviews will look like but I will watch it for that female power cast.
StrengthsFinder 2.0: As you may know I am in a major transition point right now and I have been struggling a lot with where to go next. My dad is sort of a business coach and knows a lot about transition and finding a path through everything. He bought me this book last week and I am psyched to get started. I have heard great things from several other people. It is not at all holiday related but has been super helpful for me this week.
Thanks for reading and have a wonderful day. I hope this holiday season brings lots of cheer!