Greetings from Vermont! First I have to give credit to Jess Keys for inspiring this post. She did a post on styling a flannel four ways in early September and I was re-inspired to get out all my flannel button downs. I love how cozy they are for fall and winter plus they can actually go with so much. I tried to include some casual outfits along with a couple of nicer ways to wear it. As far as paid shirts go I hands down have to recommend L.L. Bean. They are by far the best quality. I chose to wear an American Eagle shirt that I found on sale for this post (they are so so soft).
Outfit #1: Jeans and a white t are a classic look for any season and adding a plaid shirt gives it all the fall vibes. I also added a brown hat and some booties to get even more into the fall mood.
Outfit #2: Corduroy skirts are also classic fall pieces and I really love it with a plaid shirt (a great way to wear a skirt with plaid). Of course I added that favorite white sweater, for warmth and because it is just amazing.
Outfit #3: Another outfit with jeans since it is definitely an easy way to wear plaid. I feel like adding some white sneaker makes it more seasonally versatile which is nice. I also really like to tie the front to give it some shape and a different look.
Outfit #4: This is definitely the dressiest outfit and I love it. I pulled out this poncho and am so into it right now. I also think that white jeans tend to generally look a little nicer. Add some boots and a great brown bag and it is the perfect look for fall.
Outfit #5: My final outfit was totally unplanned but I ended up liking it even more then what I had planned out for this outfit. The black (as opposed to navy) changes it up and was unexpected for me. I actually really like it with the Spanx leggings and brown riding boots.
I really think a plaid flannel shirt is an absolute closet essential that can be worn in so many different ways. They are also just so comfortable and warm.
It is a little late but here is much December outfit round-up. Although we ended up getting two pretty big snow storms this month, the first half was so dry, as you can see!
Shirt L.L. Bean, Sweater Icewear, Jeans similar, Belt Talbots, Boots L.L. Bean
Boots Tory Burch, Jeans similar, Shirt similar, Blazer similar, Glasses Oliver Peoples
Blazer similar, Turtleneck similar (also this one), Pants Macy’s (on sale!), Boots Tory Burch
Flannel L.L. Bean, Skirt similar, Boots Tory Burch
Skirt similar (this one too), Shirt Old Navy, Scarf similar, Boots L.L. Bean
Jeans similar, Sweater similar, Hat similar, Coat J. Crew Factory, Boots L.L. Bean
Shirt L.L. Bean, Skirt J. Crew Factory, Tights similar, Coat J. Crew Factory, Boots Hunter
Blouse similar (this one too), Skirt similar (also this one)
Flannel L.L. Bean, Jacket Eddie Bauer, Hat from Iceland (this one is semi-similar), Boots Hunter, Leggings similar
Jacket ASOS, Jeans similar, Scarf similar, Turtleneck Target, Mules similar (much cheaper too!)
Happy New Year!!!
I hoped on the suede pant trend and I am so into it. The ones I got were inexpensive and they are so soft. I love that they look great and professional but also are so comfortable to wear. I really loved finding this plum plaid shirt and necklace, it mixes great with shades of brown, creating a perfect fall outfit.
Shirt similar, Pants Macy’s, Jacket J. Crew Factory, Boots Tory Burch, Necklace similar
Happy Monday! The holidays are approaching very quickly and I couldn’t be more excited. It is just such a fun time of year filled with so much family, food and fun outfits. So plaid anything is such an essential for the holidays. This has been such a dangerous post for me to write since I really love plaid and have been so tempted by almost everything. I compiled my favorite plaids for this holiday season. I tried to stay on the more affordable side so there are many options that won’t break the bank.
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
Lauren James has a couple of really great plaid pieces. I included several of their skirts above but they also have a great t-shirt dress in their plaid patterns. Old Navy is great for some very affordable options and L.L. Bean is my go to for plaid flannel shirts. I always check out J. Crew and J. Crew Factory because they usually have some great plaids around this tim of year.
11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20
Also these J. Crew bow flats are so adorable. There is also this incredible ASOS plaid jacket which is my dream right now, but is definitely on the pricier side. I am always excited to see what other people have found, so let me know! Thanks for reading and I hope you have a great start to your week!
Hello everyone! I hope you are having a great week. It has been prime weather lately to pull out those flannels and sweaters. This is one I got from L.L. Bean and it is so comfortable. The only thing is that I wish I got it in a small, like my other plaid shirts. For some reason I got this one in a medium. Anyways I was able to find a sunny day in all the grey (finally)!
Plaid Shirt L.L. Bean, Sweater L.L. Bean, Jeans similar, Boots L.L. Bean, Sunglasses J. Crew Factory
Have a wonderful day!
I decided to change when I am posting and which posts I am posting when. I am going to try to do an Around the Web post every Monday. I really enjoy writing them and researching for these posts because I feel like I learn so much in the process and it gives me a chance to really catch up with the world on Sunday afternoons. Today New York Fashion Week is definitely at the top of the line when it comes to fashion news. The hurricanes that have been hitting the south coast are also top news and deserve time, attention and care! Enjoy!
Motivation inspiration: This booklist came at a great time for me. I have been in a bit of a funk partially because I have been under the weather and I am in a major transitional period of my life. I have in general really wanted to read more lately and I think reading something that might help me in other parts of life would be really healthy for me right now.
Reviewing NY Fashion Week: Yes one of the greatest times of the year happens to be fashion week and NY Fashion week brought lots of exciting spring styles. I highly enjoyed browsing through Pop Sugar’s pics from fashion week. It is a great summary of trends from the shows. I loved the Rosie Assoulin collection and Man Repeller did a great little post on her spring collection.
Motherhood Around the World: Cup of Jo does this series on motherhood around the world. It definitely gives a new perspective on many aspects of childhood. Motherhood is not something I have thought much about but this series has given me a new perspective on what it is to grow up and learn about the world around you as a child. There are lots of ways to teach and bring up children, no one right way.
Hurricane help: It is very humbling and uplifting to see even those who have been displaced themselves helping hurricane evacuees. With so much hype about the storms and the devastations that followed it is great to see a bit of humanity’s positive side. We never know when we ourselves will be in need of help. I most definitely believe that taking care of each other makes such a better world, although we have such a long way to go as there are many people suffering around the world!
A Beautiful Fall Floral: Blair Eadie wore this gorgeous jacket in an August post and I just couldn’t help but fall in love with it. It is such a beautiful statement piece, I just wish it were more affordable! Although I do love florals I wasn’t so sure about the fall floral trend until I saw this jacket.
So I did this with summer as well because I really feel like writing out my goals for the season helped me actually accomplish them. It also really got me thinking about the things I love to do that are very seasonal and I starting thinking about the things I have always wanted to do. This outfit is one I wore while we were in Maine and it is definitely a favorite. I feel like it also exemplifies fall with the plaid, quilted vests and brown riding boots. I also feel like this place we stayed on Beech Hill Pond in Maine was perfect for lots of the activities on this list. There was a fire pit, canoeing, cozy furniture and outdoor seating.
- Apple picking: Visiting all the apple orchards is definitely what I am most excited for this fall. I love it! It is so fun and the apples are always delicious. The whole week after I visit an orchard I bake so many pies. Many orchards also have some pretty incredible cider and apple butters.
- Bake a lot! This definitely goes along with the whole apple orchard thing but I love to bake and fall is the perfect time considering lots of my favorites like apples and pumpkins are in peak season. Pies, breads, coffee cakes, crumbles etc…
- Corn maze: I will probably do this one later in October but I love them. Its mostly about the apple cider, fresh donuts and fun times with friends. Last year a group of us went out to a corn maze at night and has such a fun time wandering around and scaring other friends. Its also an activity for any age!
- Fall camping: I realized that it has been at least three years since I went camping in the fall. It is actually one of the best times to go because the weather is perfect (not too hot) and the weather is not usually very harsh. Hiking in the Appalachians would be great or maybe canoeing on a lake up north!
- Watch lots of Halloween movies: This year during the month of October I want to try to watch as many Halloween movies as possible. I realized that last year I didn’t get to watch more than one or two and Halloween is one of my favorite holidays. I am making it a goal this year to actually watch lots of festive movies, both old favorites and ones I have never seen before.
- Visit a pumpkin patch: For lots of people this goes with going to a corn maze because often farms will do both and it is a great way to make a whole day fun and exciting. Because I have been in college for the past four years I haven’t really had the chance to carve pumpkins. As a kid it was one of my favorite things so hopefully this year I will have the time and place for it.
- Make lots of hot drinks: Yes hot chocolate and whipped cream is my favorite part of cool weather. I love it and I am very excited for another amazing season of delicious hot drinks. My personal goal for this year is to make some fresh hot apple cider with apples with pick from one of the orchards.
- S’mores by a roaring fire: I feel like bonfires are often a summer thing but fall is definitely the ideal fire weather. I can’t wait to cozy up under some blankets by a fire and roast marshmallows while sipping on some hot coco.
Dress J. Crew Factory, Vest Barbour, Boots Tory Burch
As always this list is by no means comprehensive as there are so many fun fall activities. Watching the leaves change, fall off of the trees and then raking them into giant piles to jump in is also a fall highlight!