There are so many gift guides out there right now and it can be pretty overwhelming so I decided to go about it a little differently this year. Several weeks ago a blogger asked for input on what gift guides people wanted to see. This got me thinking about gifts and how I actually had most of my gifts planned out already for the people close to me. I always struggle with gifts for people I need to get things for but may not know so well. This could be a friend, in-laws, family members etc… I wrote this as a suggestion but decided it would be a great challenge for me as well. So this is my gift guide for pretty much anyone. I tried to choose things that I feel are either fun and unique or could be useful to almost anyone. I am doing my categories by price and will round up 10 items in each price range. Note that I tried to link cheaper items in all categories for options.
1. iPhone Lens Kit: There are some fun lenses out there these days that add something new to iPhone photography. I actually have a set myself and my favorite one is definitely the macro. It is crazy how much detail you can see. Here is another set and there is this pink one too.
2. A Big Candle: You can actually end up spending a decent amount of money on candles. The prices vary hugely. I like the Bath & Body Works collection because they are cheaper but still have great smells. Holiday smells are often big hits with everyone. For subtler scents go for ‘winter’ or ‘fresh balsam’. I personally love the smell of any pine tree.
3. Fun Ice Cube Trays: This is such an easy one. My parents have several different ones and it makes drink making so much more fun (dachshunds, emojis, ducks).
4. Himalayan Pink Salt: You can use Himalayan salt in lots of ways. It is often an item that people don’t really buy for themselves but enjoy having and using. This is a great option since it comes with a grater set up. It is great condiment to have around!
5. Board Games: This is the best present for any family. You do have to gauge ages with this one but you can’t really go wrong here either. Even if it is not right away, it will get played at some point.
6. Cheese Knives: This is an excellent gift for the hostess. Prices really vary so you can go as nice as you want with them. I like finding ones that are a bit more fun.
7. Winter Hat: There are so many options out there for this one at all price ranges as well. Patagonia is a great option but it is a bit pricier (they are an incredible company and so worth it though). Here is a great option for men.
8. Tea/Coffee: This is a great gift especially if you are coming from out of town. Giving someone some coffee or tea from where you live can be a great way to connect. It also lasts forever which is a major plus. The Celestial Seasoning Factory is very close to where I live so I almost always bring back tea and mugs for my friends.
9. Moose Munch: This stuff is heaven. You are bound to make anyone’s day with the delicious popcorn from Henry & David (in general they have great gift options for everyone). It is so good I want it for myself!
10. Herb Growing Kit: This is one of my favorite gifts I have ever received. It is a great way to grow your own herbs inside (probably not for the big gardener).
1. Honey Jar: Most people often do not already have a honey jar which is why it can be a good gift. It is one of those things which used to be in every household and is not anymore but brings some fun into any kitchen ( I also love this one but it is over $100; here is one under $25).
2. Fun Socks (KJP): This is a great gift because everyone needs warm socks. I love patterns that are a little more interesting like KJP’s new collection but if you really don’t know someone’s style go for something simple and quality like L.L. Bean camp socks (women/men) which are under $25.
3. Plaid Scarf: This is another item that you can’t really go wrong with. When it is cold out everyone needs a nice scarf. Darker plaids usually go across better especially for men (if it is not something they usually wear). If you need a nice gift I highly recommend a cashmere scarf because there so soft and great quality but they are pricier (under $100, Burberry, men).
4. A Fun Water bottle: Water bottles are just things that people always need. It can be fun to get something a little more interesting and of great quality. I linked a S’well bottle but there are so many great companies. I love my Lifefactory glass one (the straw is great). There are also Hydro Flasks and Nalgenes (the cheapest option).
5. A Marble Cheese Board: Cheese Boards are great as gifts because it is again not something people often get for themselves but are great to have. This one is monogramed and from Anthropologie. This is definitely an item you could end up spending a lot more on though.
6. Fun Salt & Pepper Shakers: These animal shakers are just so adorable. There are so many fun ones out there that would make such great gifts. This is a cute avocado shaker and here are some Colorado skiers just for fun (I really love this one but it is much pricier).
7. A Fun Plant: I linked a bonsai because it is something I always thought would be fun to have. Also orchids are a great options but prices can vary a lot. For a maintenance plant I highly recommend a succulent. They are also very affordable!
8. Slipper Socks: The perfect gift for lounging around. There is pretty much no one who doesn’t need some super comfy, thick socks. There are lots of options out there including these for a great price.
9. Holiday Pajama Sets: There are lots of options for this fun gift. Getting ones for a whole family would be so fun! There is a great selection for that at Target.
10. Advent Calender: This is often associated with kids but there are so many fun ones out there these days for all ages. This could make the perfect gift, giving people something small every day until Christmas (or after). Here is a great compilation of different advent calendars.
1. Pendleton Throw: Throws in general are great gifts because they are so useful. It is something you can almost guaranty will be used. Blacks, whites and grey are colors to stick to if you don’t know someones house very well. There is also this option which is also Pendleton but under $50.
2. National Parks Pass: I saw this on REI’s gift guide and thought it was such an amazing idea. What better gift than to give a family some beautiful places to go together. It might depend a little on where they live/their lifestyle but I think it is such a great idea. It could motivate friends to plan a trip and get outside.
3. Poloroid Camera: This is also one of the greatest gifts I received. It was a complete surprise and has been such a fun thing to have around at parties and on trips.
4. A Box Set of Classic Books: Whether you know someone is a reader or not this can be a great gift because it is such a beautiful decoration and can be read. There are lots of options for different books in different age ranges.
5. Water Garden: I just found this several days ago and think it is such a great idea. This one might not be for everyone but it is a fun way of having a fish and also grow some herbs for your kitchen.
6. Nice Headphones: I don’t know anyone who couldn’t use an pair of headphones, especially nice ones. They are so easy to break and loose that I am always trying to find new ones. Of anything on this list this is the one that would likely get used the most.
7. Multi-Tool: I feel like this is one of those things that now days many people don’t really have them or don’t know they need one. In college mine was so useful because I didn’t have a tool kit so I used it for when things needed fixing (so many times).
8. Polarized Sunglasses: Again this is something everyone could use. They are so useful and if polarized they are great for any outdoor activity.
9. Faux Fur Throw: I talked about throws above and how great they are as gifts. I wanted to include another in this guid because faux fur can be such an amazing home addition. It is so cozy and takes any living room to the next level.
10. A Cozy Crew Neck: There are some fun crew neck sweaters out there. I think they are so great an comfortable for an gender and any age. Right now I am loving the KJP ones but there are lots of options.
I hope this was useful and got those gift ideas flowing. Thanks for reading and have a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday!