I hoped on the suede pant trend and I am so into it. The ones I got were inexpensive and they are so soft. I love that they look great and professional but also are so comfortable to wear. I really loved finding this plum plaid shirt and necklace, it mixes great with shades of brown, creating a perfect fall outfit.
Shirt similar, Pants Macy’s, Jacket J. Crew Factory, Boots Tory Burch, Necklace similar
So I did this with summer as well because I really feel like writing out my goals for the season helped me actually accomplish them. It also really got me thinking about the things I love to do that are very seasonal and I starting thinking about the things I have always wanted to do. This outfit is one I wore while we were in Maine and it is definitely a favorite. I feel like it also exemplifies fall with the plaid, quilted vests and brown riding boots. I also feel like this place we stayed on Beech Hill Pond in Maine was perfect for lots of the activities on this list. There was a fire pit, canoeing, cozy furniture and outdoor seating.
- Apple picking: Visiting all the apple orchards is definitely what I am most excited for this fall. I love it! It is so fun and the apples are always delicious. The whole week after I visit an orchard I bake so many pies. Many orchards also have some pretty incredible cider and apple butters.
- Bake a lot! This definitely goes along with the whole apple orchard thing but I love to bake and fall is the perfect time considering lots of my favorites like apples and pumpkins are in peak season. Pies, breads, coffee cakes, crumbles etc…
- Corn maze: I will probably do this one later in October but I love them. Its mostly about the apple cider, fresh donuts and fun times with friends. Last year a group of us went out to a corn maze at night and has such a fun time wandering around and scaring other friends. Its also an activity for any age!
- Fall camping: I realized that it has been at least three years since I went camping in the fall. It is actually one of the best times to go because the weather is perfect (not too hot) and the weather is not usually very harsh. Hiking in the Appalachians would be great or maybe canoeing on a lake up north!
- Watch lots of Halloween movies: This year during the month of October I want to try to watch as many Halloween movies as possible. I realized that last year I didn’t get to watch more than one or two and Halloween is one of my favorite holidays. I am making it a goal this year to actually watch lots of festive movies, both old favorites and ones I have never seen before.
- Visit a pumpkin patch: For lots of people this goes with going to a corn maze because often farms will do both and it is a great way to make a whole day fun and exciting. Because I have been in college for the past four years I haven’t really had the chance to carve pumpkins. As a kid it was one of my favorite things so hopefully this year I will have the time and place for it.
- Make lots of hot drinks: Yes hot chocolate and whipped cream is my favorite part of cool weather. I love it and I am very excited for another amazing season of delicious hot drinks. My personal goal for this year is to make some fresh hot apple cider with apples with pick from one of the orchards.
- S’mores by a roaring fire: I feel like bonfires are often a summer thing but fall is definitely the ideal fire weather. I can’t wait to cozy up under some blankets by a fire and roast marshmallows while sipping on some hot coco.
Dress J. Crew Factory, Vest Barbour, Boots Tory Burch
As always this list is by no means comprehensive as there are so many fun fall activities. Watching the leaves change, fall off of the trees and then raking them into giant piles to jump in is also a fall highlight!
It is already August and I know so many people are getting ready to begin one of the most exciting adventures of their lives! Back to school is such an exciting time and can be even more exhilarating when you are starting a whole knew chapter in your life. I loved college and there are certain things I did that made my experience so incredible. There are also some things I wish I had known before starting college. This list is actually kind of a mix of the things I did right and the things I wish I had known. I hope you find it useful and would love to hear your opinions and thoughts!
- Talk to everyone: This can be incredibly intimidating for many people but it is the easiest way to make friends, get to know your professors and meet business contacts. If you know you don’t like to talk to people there are ways to make it a little bit easier. Talking to peers in the first few weeks of school can actually be the best time because most people do not know each other so it is completely acceptable to ask where someone is from, what classes they are taking, what they might want to major in, etc. Getting used to speaking to professors can also be difficult but I highly recommend going into their office and asking questions, even if you do not necessarily have any. Just ask for clarifications on class material. Make sure they know who you are! I would say going in once a week is a good place to start. Throughout my four years of college I became friends with my professors which was incredibly beneficial for me.
- Take every opportunity you can get: Even other students at my own school asked me over and over how I was able to go so many places and do so many things. I took advantage of every opportunity that presented itself and went out of my comfort zone to do so. If a professor was taking a group of students on a short weekend trip I went, even if it meant missing out on some weekend relaxation and even if I knew nothing about the place we were going. I applied to many things even if I thought I wasn’t qualified for or that I wasn’t likely to get as a freshman (this seriously paid off!). On the academic side of things this one goes along with talking to your professors because I was offered lots of opportunities because I was engaged and frequently spoke to my professors.
- Know when to say no: Yes, I know, this is sort of contradictory but it is also so important to be able to say ‘no’. I got way two involved in so many different things in college during my first two years that by the time senior year came around I was beyond burnt out and I regret not spending more time with my friends. It can be really nice to be able to say yes to other things that pop up when your schedule has some built in free time. Some of the greatest memories I have are the unplanned adventures that popped up.
- Don’t stick to what is expected of you (by anyone): College is truly the time to try everything because you never know what you might fall in love with. I really wish I knew this before starting college because I definitely had it in my head that my parents had certain expectations of me and I followed one track in the first two years that I did not necessarily love. Because of this I soon felt like my professors, friends and even myself expected a certain level and a certain path. I wish I had been way more open because as I started to try other things around junior year I realized how much more is out there and how many other interests I had.
- Leave high school behind: Seriously, college is so much better without all the drama of high school. I think one reason that sometimes freshmen are looked down upon is because they are still partially high schoolers and there is definitely a difference. Leave the drama. Don’t get me wrong, there will be drama in college however people seem to deal with it very differently and in more adult ways. The first year can be a lot more fun if you do not play into at all. Just meet knew people, focus on school and get involved with extracurriculars. If you do not like who you were or how people perceived you in high school, college is a chance to completely start over. I believe in staying true to who you are, but people definitely change and you may not really be who many people in high school thought you were.
Boots Tory Burch, Sweater Brooks Brothers, Pants similar, Crossbody Rebecca Minkoff, Sunglasses J. Crew Factory, Trench coat ASOS